At the weekend we visited the War Memorial of Korea and discovered they had the Dead Dea Scrolls on exhibition so saw that too.
The war museum was well laid out and I picked up some basic details about the korean war to add to my previously nonexistant knowledge. Although lots of the information was delivered pretty snazzily with videos and models depicting the fighting, I must admit I got pretty bored after seeing tonnes of guns and war stuff! At least the information was presented in English...
...unlike the Dead Sea scrolls exhibition, where we had no idea what we were looking at as it was all explained in Korean, except occasionally the name of the object was given in English but with no details. The exhibition was really glossy and exciting looking with tonnes of artifacts from the middle east which we whizzed through. I felt like I'd seen lots of important things, but I'm not entirely sure what they were!
Wednesday, 16 January 2008
Dead Sea Scrolls and the War Memorial of Korea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment