This afternoon I accidently cut my finger. My left index finger to be precise. It's a tiny cut. Practically a paper cut, except I cut it with a craft knife whilst cutting paper. Anyway, it's no big deal for me. But NOT for the Korean teachers at school! They made such a fuss. They all crowded round me and acted horrified. Noone listened when I said it was ok and I just needed a plaster. Someone grabbed by hand and lifted it up above my head whilst another pushed me onto a chair.
A teacher than squeezed the cut really tight making more blood drip out and brought more gasps from the crowd around me.
Chi He and I kept exchanging bewildered glances. Someone removed the tissue they put on my finger, put it in the bin, then realised it had taken off a flap of skin. So took the tissue out of the bin as if they were considering saving this tiny flap of skin to graft it back on again or something! Various plasters were put on and then ripped off soon afterwards, making my finger bleed profusely.
Then someone wrapped my finger in tissue and held it tightly in place with a rubber band. They then practically cut of the blood supply to the finger by very tightly wrapping a rubber band around the base of the finger like a tourniquet.
All this prodding and playing with my finger meant it now actually hurt. And was turning blue! Chi He said from across the room "Is it really a good idea to do that?". Me: "I don't think so...!"
A few minutes later, when it felt like my finger was now detached from my body, another teacher got involved and looked horrified when she saw the dying finger and someone hastily removed the rubber band as she spoke agitatedly in Korean.
Thankfully it was the end of the day, so I got up to go and insisted that they had done a great job and my finger and I would be ok.
It does hurt a bit but I bet my finger will be healed by tomorrow. I don't think I could handle the drama if there was actually anything really wrong with me. I can't imagine a TV programme like Casualty would work here. Maybe it would have to be given an 18 guidance rating or just be dumbed down....!
Monday, 4 February 2008
Bloody finger!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment