On Tuesday the younger kindy kids I teach went on a school trip to an indoor play centre and I got to go too.
It was awesome! There were slides, inflatables and loads of lego-type toys. The best bit was the room full of balloons and the room full of small pieces of tissue paper, where the kids loved ganging up on me chucking paper at me.
It was good to get closer to the kids. Some of them were competing with eachother to get my attention which at one point it turned into a contorsionist show with kids doing freakish acrobatics to try to out do eachother!After two weeks of teaching at this new school I am really getting to like it. I'm teaching 76 kids, but I still feel like I know some of them well and the kids seem to be totally comfortable with me as their teacher.
The kids were told to have English names and most of the parents came up with nice, sensible names. However, I am teaching a Snowman, a Barbie, a Bud, a Butterfly, a Lala, a Tiger and a Liger! Attempts to get across that these are 'unusual' names went unheard. None of these names beat the Windy and Wind that two boys were called at my last school!
Friday, 1 February 2008
School trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I tried doing that head to toes act thing, but all I got was my legs bent vertically and a headache.
Post a Comment