Saturday, 28 June 2008

I'm still here...but not for long

Woh! It's been a long while since I updated this thing! I have been up to so much in the last 2 months and I've been too busy/lazy to write about it.

Anyway, I haven't got long left here...August 13th I will be back in the UK! Time is now whizzing by and I'm trying to make the most of the time left.

I'm feeling pretty sad to be leaving my kids at school. Recently my phonics teaching has been paying off and some of the kids have made huge steps towards beginning to read. A few kids have become really good and suddenly can read tonnes of simple words. It's so rewarding to see the progress they have made and it's a shame I won't be there to help them build on it further. One of my kids, for the first month and a half he didn't say a word in any of the lessons. After tonnes of different tactics, I finally got him to speak. 4 months on, and sometimes I can't get him to be quiet! His Korean teacher admitted he barely even speaks in Korean in her classes, so I'm especially proud of the progress he's made.

The children are all very cute, especially my youngest class, Chick Class, in which the youngest is only 2 1/2 years old!! To add to the challenges, there are identical twins in that class, Kelly and Sally! I can now tell which one is which about 85% of the time which is a vast improvement. Kelly has slightly larger eyes and wears her hair tied up a bit more frequently! I know teachers aren't supposed to have favourites, but if I had to choose one, hands down it would be Ravi. As you can see, he looks adorable. The teachers nicknamed him 'Harry Potter', but he thought they said 'helicopter' (which is the same word in Korean) and so that's his nickname!


Ravi and Leo looking very enthusiastic; Kelly and Sally (or Sally and Kelly?!); Mack

No comments: