As of today I am jobless. I can't believe it was only one week ago that we first heard the school may close. Even 5 days ago, it was definite the school would close, but there was talk of it closing in a month's time.
This week has felt so long. Chi-He and I came to Korea to have a year of fun but this week has drained us of our energy and been too full of drama. I did feel sad at leaving the school, but I was glad today that finally we can get on with making a fresh start. I went to the kids' graduation which was cute and silly! Every year in Kinder they graduate in a ceremony wearing gowns and the lot! Since this one was rushed and planned at the last minute, it was nothing like as formal and posh as usual.
This week has felt so long. Chi-He and I came to Korea to have a year of fun but this week has drained us of our energy and been too full of drama. I did feel sad at leaving the school, but I was glad today that finally we can get on with making a fresh start. I went to the kids' graduation which was cute and silly! Every year in Kinder they graduate in a ceremony wearing gowns and the lot! Since this one was rushed and planned at the last minute, it was nothing like as formal and posh as usual.
Before we came to Korea we spent much time and thought into choosing our school to work for. We had numerous interviews and offers. After finalling deciding on our school, we then spent a lot of time perfecting the contract until we felt confident we were happy with what we were signing ourselves up for. It's such a shame that after all of the effort spent on finding this school to work at, it's come to nothing so abruptly. Why on Earth did the school recruit two new teachers when they were in such financial trouble?! We have a job interview tomorrow and another o
n Monday,
so finger crossed we've put all our job dramas behin
d us.
No comments:
Post a Comment