We've found the BEST new job! Loads of pay, 9-3.30 (all other jobs work you 'til 6 at least), over time, 4 weeks hol with 2 of those weeks fixed plus national holidays off and ... the two owners are the funniest Koreans I've met so far, one of which is a dead ringer for Ronnie Corbett. The fact that he's a complete joker adds to the similarities.
The guys, Ronnie-alike and Eddie, are obviously very intelligent men, having worked in very high-powered jobs in the past all over the world...but I can't quite see why they want us to work at the school so bad, when surely they have tonnes of people wanting what they're offering.
Anyway...we're not complaining. The school is in a really nice area, Yongin, which is very affluent and just out of Seoul. The school is on a 'campus' near the mountains with really spacious buildings and a swimming pool. It's a far cry from the small 4th floor we had for our last school.
Chi-He and I had trouble sometimes control our giggling as the guys seemed to bounce laughs off each other like a comedy duo. Most of the time they were trying to be witty - but other times it was accidental, such as Eddie's: "killing two rabbits with one stone." Eddie's cockney and Alabama accents were pretty funny too. As was him announcing that since we are Brits he was going to start using the word 'bloody' to colour his language.
I'm looking forwards to a funny year ahead...

No comments:
Post a Comment