With no jobs to go to, on Monday a group of us teachers went to Lotte World amusement park. Much of it is indoors, making it the largest indoor theme park in the world. It didn't seem very big though! Unlike theme parks I've been to before, everything was crammed together. All the rides seemed to interweave eachother. The outside part of the theme park is on an island and had many of the 'turn you upside-down and spin you around' type of rides.

There are huge similarities to the Disney brand. The Lotty and Lorry characters look strikingly similar to Mickey and Minnie, even down to the red and white polka-dot ribbon that Minnie wears in her hair. There's a large fairy tale castle in the centre of the park, and this features on the Lotte World logo, just like Disney. And the list goes on...
I had a nice day there but the majority of the day was spent waiting in a huge queue for some ride which lasted a minute and was practically identical to a ride I've been on before, and one for which I don't care much about. Chi-He and I just went along with what the Koreans we were with decided to do, and so I think we'd have had more fun if it was just us two together.
Waiting in the queues made me realise even further, how much more in touch with their femininity Korean guys are compared with their western counterparts. When was the last time you spotted a British guy wearing a matching hairband complete with animal ears with his girlfriend? Or how about coordinating pink ribbons in their hair? Never you say?! Come to Korea and it's a whole different story.
No comments:
Post a Comment