On Tuesday night we ate sushi, paid for by Ronnie...and TONNES of it! Food kept appearing. This wasn't sushi as I've eaten it before. The slices of raw fish were huge! I tried raw oysters for the first time and I have never seen so much caviar. Eatting so much raw seafood was pretty gross and I didn't really like it much. The evening was tinged with sadness as we had already decided that the school was not for us. Ronnie isn't as nice as I'd originally thought. The final straw came when I saw the flat he provided for me to sleep in that night. It has to be the worst place I have ever slept in. For starters, there wasn't even a proper window - kitchen units had been fixed in front of the window leaving just a small gap at the bottom. So one couldn't open the window to air the room, nor attach any curtains to block light from the street lamps at night. We have another job pretty much sorted now which Chi-He and I feel much happier about.
Yesterday, after making a movie-style getaway from Ronnie's school (see Chi-He's blog for the details), we decided to pamper ourselves - we ate some yummy food, relaxed in the sauna, got our nails done (mine in a festive red & white polka-dot style) and let fish nibble at the dead skin on our feet. Yes, you read that right. We finally got this bizarre treatment done at the local jimjilbang and my did it tickle!! Swarms of fish appeared as soon as I dipped my feet in the water and they all scrambled to get a spot of flesh to suck on. It felt so wrong! Initially I couldn't immerse my feet in the water for long before the tickly feeling became unbearable and I removed them, but I slowly got more used to the sensation. After one hour I didn't notice any real difference in my feet except they were very wet and wrinkly! At least I did a service by providing dinner for the day :)
Thursday, 13 December 2007
Fish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL we both wrote "Yes, you read that right" regarding the fish
Post a Comment