On Sunday I visited the world's largest Christian congregation, Yoido Full Gospel Church. The church is on an island in the middle of the Han River, the river that runs though the centre of Seoul. Inside it was similiar to what (I'd imagine) a baseball stadium looks like. It was HUGE!! There were tonnes of TV screens around for people to watch the service and outside the church building the service is projected in many rooms.
From the church I took a taxi (all forms of transport are v cheap here) to Namdaemun Market and the view as we crossed the river was incredible. It was early evening and the city lights were twinkling and you could see the full moon peeping out between buildings. I can't wait to get a super duper camera which would give such sights justice.
At Namdaemun Market I had a leisurely wander round the many interesting shops and stalls. A highlight was Namdaemun gate, Koreas National Treasure No.1, which lived up to its promise of being partically beautiful at night. The gate has been described as 'Asia's most dangerous tourist attraction' due to it being surrounded by 8 lanes of busy traffic!
Tuesday, 27 November 2007
The world's largest church and more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Church sounds awesome. You'll have to take me now that you're a local. Where are the pics??!
Wow, cool pics. Will you take me on a date there? *^^*
Post a Comment