The last week has been oddly uneventful compared to recent times. I've mainly chilled out, watched a few films and done some touristy stuff.
We went to the COEX aquarium, which was my first experience of an aquarium, and it was ok. The animals were in pretty crampt enclosures, which I didn't like. It felt like they ran out of ways to make the place interesting, so had a bizarre room full of fish in strange tanks. There were fish in the microwave, toilet, fridge, lamp posts, shower, TV...
I really enjoyed going to Changdeok Palace. The buildings were lovely to look at and there is a secret garden which is really beautiful. It was strange to be in a place so peaceful and spacious in the middle of Seoul. While we were there they were filming a Korean drama, so that was some extra excitement for the day!
Yesterday Chi-He went home in England for Christmas. I already miss her! It'll be a different Christmas here, that's for sure! Although many Koreans do now celebrate Christmas, not much of a deal is made of it, and it almost feels like it's passing me by this year. I bought the New Adventures of Superman complete collection dvd boxset as a Christmas present to myself, which will occupy my time quite nicely!
Sunday, 23 December 2007
A week of being tourists
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww, merry X-mas Lauren! Do you mean Superman with Teri Hatcher? I loved those as a kid!
Happy Christmas! It's passing me by a bit here too...family haven't really gone all out this year. But my bro got me season 1 of Heroes so you can finish watching that when I get back! Miss you too xxx
Post a Comment